Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article is a stub. You can help the IndieWeb wiki by expanding it.
Gitea is a site, service, and open source project for code repositories (using git) and issue tracking.
Open source: https://github.com/go-gitea/gitea/
IndieWeb Building Blocks
Would be immediately useful (each of these needs an issue permalink (on GitHub (or at least POSSEd to) until the project moves) to describe and track support progress)
- IndieAuth support for logging into Gitea instances
- comment on Gitea issue 3837: Simpler UX for OAuth2 login - How to use IndieAuth to provide a simple UX for OAuth-based login to Gitea
- h-card support on profiles
- h-entry support on issues
- Webmention support on issues
- git repos
- issues on repos
- comments on issues
- profile URLs are at try.gitea.io / username
- Profiles support adding a website and include rel=me
Goal: host Gitea the open source project on a Gitea instance.
Currently Gitea the open source project is on GitHub (instead of using Gitea itself for source control).
There is active work on fixing this however, so that Gitea the project dogfoods itself by being developed on a site running Gitea!
There is a mirror at:
- Gitea is a community fork of Gogs, which forked late 2016/early 2017 due to perceived inactivity of the main projects maintainer: .