This section needs expansion! As you implement, try to add tips here for what worked for you!
In general: analyze the IndieWeb Examples below and document some brainstorming!
How to post
How to with WordPress
- 1 Why
- 2 How
- 3 IndieWeb Examples
- 4 Silo Examples
- 5 Brainstorming
- 6 See Also
Aaron Parecki occasionally posts issues on aaronparecki.com syndicated to GitHub.com
- Chris Aldrich often posts issues to his own website as simple notes (or replies to issues as simple replies) and automatically POSSEs them to GitHub repos using the Github plugin for Known.
- On 2018-02-28, Chris Aldrich used the functionality provided by the Bridgy Publish plugin for WordPress to use Bridgy to POSSE a reply to a GitHub issue from his own site. He received his first backfed reply from GitHub via bridgy on 2018-03-02.
- Now that Post Kinds Plugin supports issue posts, he'll begin publishing those via POSSE from his primary WordPress website as well. He published his first official issue via POSSE on his primary site on 2018-03-02. A feed of all his issues can be found at http://boffosocko.com/kind/issue/ Documentation for some of this set up with WordPress can be found at Enabling two way communication with WordPress and GitHub for issues.
Complete POSSE backfeed solution
Complete issue solution
It should be possible and fairly straightforward because an "issue" is very similar to an article, it’s just that no one has clearly demonstrated it yet with
- post an issue
- receive and display comments
- receive and display reacji
- BONUS: receive and display Salmentions for reacji on comments on your issue!
Complete comment solution
For the purposes of an "issue", what is perhaps special is the added expectation that a comment on an issue typically makes very little (if any) sense without the full context of the original issue and any comments that were made before your comment. Thus it would be great to see an example of:
- post a reply to an issue
- display full reply-context of your reply, including any previous comments, and original issue at the top
- receive and display subsequent comments
- receive and display reacji on your reply
- BONUS: receive and display Salmentions for reacji on
- subsequent comments
- prior comments
- original issue
Complete Federated Webmention solution
This is just brainstorming for now - at a high level
- own your own repos
- allow federated issues on your repos (receive, display, update, delete etc.)
- allow federated responses (comments, reacji) on those issues
Everything peer to peer, no need for any central location to POSSE to / backfeed from.
As far as we know, NO ONE (using any technology / standards) has this working, anywhere.
By exploring the space with POSSE + backfeed as described previously, it is likely we can figure out how to do all this via Webmention.