Squarespace is a content hosting service (paid) that provides services such as blogging and domain hosting.
@@ need instructions for SquareSpace V7 @@
Your own domain
Export your data from Squarespace
Content in a Squarespace site can be exported as XML:
Can I export my site? - yes you can. "The file exported will in be in an .xml format that can be imported into a Wordpress installation."
Individual pages can also be read as JSON:
For example, the page at http://developers.squarespace.com can be read as JSON at http://developers.squarespace.com?format=json and at http://developers.squarespace.com/?format=json-pretty
The JSON responses for Squarespace pages include the HTML rendered text of the body of the page, together with a limited set of metadata.
- 2015-03-07 microformats2 and webmention support requested (tweet) by Ashton McAllan
Hey @squarespace. Any plans to support mf2 and webmentions?
- Open to it: 2015-03-07: @Squarespacehelp:
During the 2018 Superbowl, Squarespace had several ads featuring Keanu Reeves that were very supportive of IndieWeb principles:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqnhN2Rzaqc - "Make It With Keanu Reeves"
When passion meets inspiration, an obsession is born. Hold on to this dream and tell the world. All you need is a domain and a website from Squarespace. The world is waiting. Make it.
- (more quotes needed from the video(s) that advocate specific indieweb principles at least in meaning, if not directly by use of similar language)
- shown at events/2018-02-07-homebrew-website-club
- The 'gallery' page type is limited and not very customisable. For instance, you can't use it to tell a rich photo story easily tommorris on IRC 2014-12-04
- Squarespace uses hash-based URLs to link from folder pages to content pages (replicated with both text and gallery pages). Hash(bang) URLs are inherently brittle, add complexity and go against the advice of the W3C. I don't want the "wrong" URL being shared. tommorris on IRC 2014-12-04
Historical Version 6
The following How-tos were for a previous version of SquareSpace and no longer apply.
How to setup Web sign-in on your Squarespace website:
Multiple Domains v6
- Web sign-in
- https://www.squarespace.com/keanu/ - Keanu on Squarespace, site example in Squarespace Superbowl LII ad https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqnhN2Rzaqc "Pick the right domain name... select a template... choosing photos... tell the world your vision... "