A directory of my indieweb interests, projects, and events. I am interested in projects that are low maintenance and long term in scope, p2p and distributed storage systems and anything else that makes publishing easy and fun.
Small modules to power a personal site engine. No spaghetti code. Pure and separate plain text (eg twitter style), GHF Commonmark, and plain html documents inserted into DSL free html templates. Plain text + git storage engine.
Optional static site generation or dynamic server side rendering.
Data stored in a manner that lends itself to incremental rebuilds.
Fix up git pub and experiment with accepting JSON encoded micropub reqs.
Improve slides tooling: https://github.com/bcomnes/slides
Current IndieWeb Projects
- base (working title) - A starter indieweb template for Jekyll.
- bret.io - my personal website. Hosted on gh-pages and rendered in jekyll safe mode. source
- jekyll - Contributing and extending Jekyll's indieweb capabilities.
- Graceful note enhancement using metadata presence
- gitpub - A publishing endpoint for static websites. Still experimental. Supports micropub clients. source
- Working on Features:
- Auto POSSE to twitter
- Configuration UI
- Experimenting with camlistore, git-annex, bittorrent-sync, and telehash.
- socialwg - participating in the w3c social WG/IG as an invited expert (applied).
- (2014) Indiewebcamp Cambridge - Remote
- (2014) Indiewebcamp - PDX
- (2014 - Present) Homebrew Website Club PDX
- (2013) Indiewebcamp Hollywood - Remote
- (2013) osfw3c - SF
- (2013) Indiewebcamp - PDX
Stalled & Completed Projects
- iwc-irc-logs-atom-feed - A simple project that turns the IWC IRC logs into a daily atom feed item so you can cache the logs for offline consumption on a mobile reader. Still needs a system to update consistently and to match the recent IRC display improvements. code