donation is a rare type of post, often just a note, indicating an act of giving items or money to another person, or organization.
- Giving and philanthropy is good.
- Announcing or sharing your support on the web can encourage others to act. This might be similar to the effect of announcing one's having registered to vote or announcing that they voted.
- Donating stuff: http://tantek.com/2015/256/t1/purge-stuff-not-building-positive-future
- Donating $: http://tantek.com/2016/366/t6/just-donated-still-time-for-2016
- focused on encouraging donations: http://tantek.com/2017/365/t1/today-donate-renew-arts-science
- Chris Aldrich has previously made a few checkin posts at donation shops like Goodwill or Salvation Army which include photos of some of my donations. Though those don't always have a complete list of things gotten rid of.
- Separately he maintains a somewhat related "supporting" page of either pledges to organizations he makes donations to or supports.
Add yourself here… (see this for more details)
- Circa 2011 (or perhaps even before) there was a Twitter movement by a number of non-profits to create a "Giving Tuesday" on the Tuesday following Black Friday and the subsequent Black Monday on the days following Thanksgiving in the United States. This resulted in people making status updates or note posts about donations they were making, typically with the hashtag #GivingTuesday.
- Follow Giving Tuesday on The Chronicle of Philanthropy