Performance typically refers to the speed, responsiveness, and initial load of a website. Poor silo performance can be a motivation for setting up, using, publishing to your own website.
- webpagetest.org can give you some ideas how and what to optimize
- thinkwithgoogle.com analyse your website for mobile/desktop with scoring and recommendations to fix issues based on different criteria of importance to get a better scoring.
- 2017-10-22 Alex Russell: Can You Afford It?: Real-world Web Performance Budgets
- 2018-01-17 https://webmasters.googleblog.com/2018/01/using-page-speed-in-mobile-search.html
...and JS is the most expensive thing: https://infrequently.org/2017/10/can-you-afford-it-real-world-web-performance-budgets/" @slightlylate May 15, 2018
- 2015-03-05 Why Your Brain Hates Slowpokes
We now insist that Web pages load in a quarter of a second, when we had no problem with two seconds in 2009 and four seconds in 2006.