Quora appears to support sending pingbacks as of 2015-02-06. Aaron Parecki received a pingback from Quora from a comment someone wrote that included a link to his post. The pingback source was the quora question URL with a fragment ID to the specific comment.
- 2018-12-04 Andy Baio: Why You Should Never, Ever Use Quora
Worth noting: Quora has no public API, no backup/export tools, blocks anonymous display of answers, and banned the Wayback Machine entirely. Andy Baio, https://twitter.com/waxpancake/status/453958676529696769
2018 User Information Breach
- 2018-12-03 Quora blog post: Quora Security Update
- 2018-12-03 CNN: Quora says 100 million users hit by 'malicious' data breach
The compromised information includes users' names, email addresses and encrypted passwords as well as data from social networks like Facebook (FB) and Twitter (TWTR) if people chose to link them to their Quora accounts.
- 2018-12-03 The Verge: Quora says hackers stole up to 100 million users’ data
- 2018-12-03 TechCrunch: Quora says 100 million users may have been affected by data breach
- 2018-12-04 PCWorld: Quora data breach FAQ: What 100 million hacked users need to know
- registration wall
- https://medium.com/daniels-tech-world/how-to-extract-your-data-from-quora-and-reddit-46dea4ff698c article about data export (courtesy of GDPR), which also points to using either a web request or an email request: https://help.quora.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000839503-Can-I-get-a-copy-of-my-data-
- Simon Willison used to POSSE answers to Quora questions https://simonwillison.net/tags/quora/