uberspace is an advanced shared hosting provider from Germany with pay-as-much-as-you-want plans.
- advanced hosting options for various programming languages and databases and custom services like Jabber (everything that can work on random nonstandard ports)
- easy https setup using Let's Encrypt
things to know
- UI, documentation, e-mail notifications and customer service are and will remain in German only (conscious decision, as outlined - in German - at https://wiki.uberspace.de/philosophy:englisch); since most tasks are carried out on the CLI, this is not necessarily an issue for everybody
- don't provide domains -> has to be bought and managed externally
- very strict TLS setup -> workarounds might be necessary for e.g. Twitter (see https://sebastiangreger.net/2017/02/twitter-cards-ssl-handshake-error-on-uberspace/)
- Uberspace has a global logging policy that will zero out the last part of visitor‘s IP address https://wiki.uberspace.de/webserver:logs