Location Location Location was a session at IndieWeb Summit 2017.
When: 2017-06-24 17:00
- home/work - abstract location (hide physical location)
- low resolution (like dopplr, calendar of locations, history)
- checkin - location is entire context
- live example of location - https://aaronparecki.com (blue dot showing where he is at, you can zoom in)
- wordpress location plugin - public, private, text-only (description only?)
- event is a single fixed point in time
- trip? a journey, travel (plans to change location in the future)
- future https://web.archive.org/web/20170625001739/https://aaronparecki.com/2017/07
- has itinerary (none current)
- Quill can create itenerary https://quill.p3k.io/itinerary
- What is a trip?
- a start and end location?
- start, end, path?
- h-trip https://docs.p3k.io/post/trip
- Sports activites post type? Is it a trip? (E.g. cycling, running. Strava, RideWithGPS, etc.)
- Trip silos
- has webhook events
- http://indieweb.org/workout (exercise silos)
- location example - https://seblog.nl/2017/06/21 https://seblog.nl/2017/06/21/5/20-minuten-op-utrecht-yaay
- [event, note, photo] has a location
- trip has many locations
- how do you make location data more graunular
- gcode -> text -> location
- just use city?
- http://atlas.p3k.io (uses http://geocode.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/World/GeocodeServer/reverseGeocode )
- What are the correct levels of granularity
- How do you achieve them
- Distil discusion into wiki
- Common template for Units and stuff (h-measure)
- Strava to micropub
- Bridgy is opensource, detailed instructions https://github.com/snarfed/bridgy
- IFTTT has Strava and webmaker (custom post requests),
- if it has all the fields, it can send micropub (can't set headers...)
- Display in blog of choice