2017 State of the IndieWeb
Speaker's notes and links to pages & sites shown in talk.
Own Your Stuff
Our calls to action:
- own your identity
- own your data, your content
- own your everything online
- Your content is yours
- You are better connected
- You are in control
But really all of that starts with one goal: self-empowerment
And broadens to: spread empowerment
We are not just a set of individuals, we are a community
- work to empower ourselves
- collaborate to empower each other
- share to empower beyond those we know
Principles are all in support of that.
- Many IndieWebCamps
- First ever Indie Web Week!
- New Homebrew Website Club cities
- Regular, Pop-ups, Getting Started
- New discussion channels (as of today!)
New specs this past year!
W3C Candidate Recommendation!
W3C Working Draft!
Continuing to iterate on:
Services and CMS Adoption
- Growing indieweb network of software and services
- Micro.blog launched with
- More IndieWeb WordPress Plugins now in WordPress Plugin Directory!
- Growing WordPress community interest
To be captured from video, linked, and edited for readability.