Onboarding & My First Site was a session at IndieWebCamp New Haven 2019.
Notes archived from: https://etherpad.indieweb.org/onboarding
IndieWebCamp New Haven 2019
Session: Onboarding & My First Site
When: 2019-03-30 11:00
- chrisadrich starts from his templates
- jgmac1106 lays out pages in paper
- jackjamieson should start in paper but rarely
What is Their Purpose
- Greg Tips Decide on your goal
- Greg Tips Do a six word memoir
Choosing a domain name can often times be the hardest part of the process
How Do We Improve Onboarding
- Always focus on their goal
- Encourage storyborading
- Ask about code
- Do they know all none, some, or close to all?
- Do they want to touch none, some, or all
- "Library Carpentry develops lessons and teaches workshops for and with people working in library- and information-related roles. Our goal is to create an on-ramp to empower this community to use software and data in their own work as well as be advocates for and train others in efficient, effective and reproducible data and software practices. Our workshops are based on our lessons. Workshop hosts, Instructors, and learners must be prepared to follow The Carpentries Code of Conduct."