(Redirected from Camlistore)
Perkeep (formerly Camlistore) is a blob based storage system written in Go that can store many types of files and data in a distributed fashion.
- introduction video: Camlistore: your personal storage system for life
- Automatic de-duplication of data/files/blobs
- Use one or more of many different back-ends (S3, Google Drive, local file system, etc)
- Ability to share files or folders publicly or securely
- History and automatic versioning of all data
- PASTA support for creating a personal archive of posts from several silos. Includes importers for services such as Flickr, Foursquare(Swarm), Twitter, Pinboard, and Google Photos. It can also import posts from RSS, Atom, and RDF feeds.
- Though not a Google project, contributors must sign a CLA granting a copyright license to Google 
- Does that mean Google owns the IP? snarfed doesn't think so
- User:Martin.atkins.me.uk: The repo itself lists many people, along with Google itself as partial copyright holders. [The Individual CLA https://cla.developers.google.com/about/google-individual] speaks to granting Google copyright and patent *licences*, but does not seem to imply a transfer of ownership.