IoT is Internet of Things, a catch-all phrase used to describe any device that is able to connect to the internet in order to be controlled or perform its defined actions.
- 2017-07 IoT Fish Tank exploited at a casino: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/innovations/wp/2017/07/21/how-a-fish-tank-helped-hack-a-casino/ https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2017/08/penetrating_a_c.html https://www.helpnetsecurity.com/2017/07/27/internet-connected-fish-tank-hackers/
- 2016-10-27 Common enterprise IoT devices are hackable in minutes
- 2017-07-18 FBI Warns Parents of Privacy Risks With Internet-Connected Toys
- 2016-10-22 The massive DDoS attack that almost brought down US internet – how it happened and why
…hackers had leveraged vulnerable IoT (Internet of Things) devices to mount the attacks.
- privacy not included: A Guide to Make Shopping for Connected Gifts Safer, Easier, and Way More Fun