Crafts or crafting is a range of common hobbies about which some IndieWeb sites focus some of their content. In addition to photos of finished projects, sites often include descriptions, tips, descriptions, research, and patterns by which others might recreate those projects. Crafts include activities like knitting, crocheting, cross stitch, wood working, restoration, etc.
Chloe Weil maintained a tagged stream of yarn related posts which featured her knitting, crocheting, and related projects: https://chloeweil.com/blog/category:yarn/index.html
- Chris Aldrich has posted about some of his restoration work on Vintage Tanker Desks
- He also posts occasionally about his work building, maintaining, and stewarding a Little Free Library in addition to checkins at other LFLs (as well as PESOS via Swarm) in his neighborhood for which he maintains a list with a copy on Foursquare.
- Add yourself here… (see this for more details)
Craftsy / Bluprint
Communities around crafts often have fora (forums) on a variety of silos, but this sort of functionality might be replicated using tags, Webmention, or discovery-based platforms similar to Indieweb.xyz or IndieNews.
One can also post their content on their personal website and syndicate copies to existing craft-related social services.
- use case
- https://randomgeekery.org/tags/knitting/ who have backfilled posts on their website from Ravelry
- Where crafts meets IndieWeb: https://twitter.com/robinsloan/status/1338160419769208832
- "I have come to suspect that slowly redesigning your website (forever) provides almost exactly the same kind of light absorption & calm satisfaction as knitting or embroidery" @robinsloan December 13, 2020