Jump to navigation Jump to search
A playlist represents a collection of audio or video of some significance to the list's creator. These could then be syndicated to places like Spotify and Google Play All Access, as they tend to share a lot, if not most, of the same content.
The playlist differs from a jam or scrobble in that it acts as a sort of bookmark for a collection of media. As opposed to jams and scrobbles which are passive types.
gRegor Morrill has posted playlists on his site since 2019-06-29:
- https://gregorlove.com/2019/06/here-is-the-playlist-i-made/ for 2019
- No special microformats since there's no consuming applications I'm aware of
- manually PESOSed from YouTube Music: https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrd_RuaBCiaWwSeiOt36_C5gZ4sb03KSk&feature=indieweb
Huffduffer provides a variety of xspf playlists in its API. See: https://huffduffer.com/api#xspf
Tracy Durnell posted playlists on her site starting in 2022:
- marked up as an h-feed with each year's playlist as an h-entry, and each song listed as h-cite with p-name as the track title and p-author as the track artist
- playlists were exported from Spotify -- instructions: https://tracydurnell.com/2022/12/07/how-i-re-created-my-spotify-playlists-on-my-website/
David Peach added the post type of playlist on http://davidpea.ch as of 2015-??-??
- Site appears to be offline as of 2019-07-02.
Examples in the wild
- YouTube Music has play lists
- XSPF.org aka Spiff an XML format for sharing playlists.
- Stamp (playlist service)
- Example: Internet Archive supports (at least audio) playlists with a nice UI to skip to next/prev track which changes the URL accordingly for the specific track/episode! https://archive.org/details/playlist_20160215
- Possible How To for a Video Playlist post on your own site that plays a series of video files (ogg, mp4, ...) http://thenewcode.com/909/Create-An-Automatic-HTML5-Video-Playlist
- Another possible How To for an audio playlist post on your own site that plays a series of audio files like mp3s http://devblog.lastrose.com/html5-audio-video-playlist/
- YouTube Music