single point of aaron
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article is a stub. You can help the IndieWeb wiki by expanding it.
single point of aaron is when a relatively early IndieWeb technology is being developed and there haven't been enough implementations to create proper diversity causing an over reliance on one of Aaron Parecki's services in order for the technology to work broadly. The goal is always to mitigate this by encouraging people to build more implementations of a given technology or to discover what might be causing a lack of implementations.
- Aaron discourages the existence of this multiple-times
- Three things about Readers during IndieWebCamp Nürnberg
- https://mastodon.social/@Gargron/101190497849797422 - single point of gargron
- "I have updated joinmastodon.org to exclude mastodon.social from the picker, because other servers need some new user love too!" @Gargron December 5, 2018
- "That “I really need to hack something together to do X” moment being promptly answered by @aaronpk having already built the component parts to make it work." @tommorris January 9, 2019
- IndieNews accidental spam removal
- Example: webmention.io went down when the domain name expired at 2019-07-02T20:01:30.00Z
- See also conversation at: https://chat.indieweb.org/dev/2019-07-02#t1562099418873700
- single point of failure
- "the most consequential figures in the tech world are half guys like steve jobs and bill gates and half some guy named ronald who maintains a unix tool called 'runk' which stands for Ronald's Universal Number Kounter and handles all math for every machine on earth" @6thgrade4ever September 2, 2021