A presentation or slide deck is an online version of the visual portion of a demonstration typically presented in person at a conference, workshop, or other event. At in person presentations slides are often projected onto a screen for easy viewing.
Typically a presenter will post a copy of their slides before or after a presentation to allow users to view them either after-the-fact for follow up or they may post them contemporaneously to allow remote-viewers a better experience. Some people may keep copies of their presentations online as part of their portfolio. Some conferences may request a copy of one's presentation or a link to for viewing after the event.
A multitude of good examples can be found on the page for Presentations about the IndieWeb.
- Tantek Çelik kept slides for years at http://tantek.com/presentations/ but at some point started using simple notes as slides
- The IndieWeb wiki has the ability to do presentations. See the first at IWC Baltimore 2018: Building Blocks and click on "Start presentation"
- Add yourself here… (see this for more details)
- reveal.js an HTML presentation framework
Some CMSs may have plugins or other functionality to make implementing presentations on one's own site easier.
- Known has a simple presentations plugin built into core that can be enabled.
- WordPress has a number of stand-alone plugins with varying functionality