Opening session for IndieWebCamp MIT2 2016.
IndieWebCamp leaders will lead you through:
- Announce: Welcome to the fifth IndieWebCamp MIT/Cambridge!
- Show Squarespace parody video
- Tell brief history:
- Show http://indiewebcamp.com/ home page and principles
- Note explicit decision to focus on
- personal site "scratch your own itch" doers, doing, selfdogfooding, demoing
- Overview of IndieWebCamp Hack Day:
- hack sessions, lunch, hack sessions, demos
- Show code-of-conduct, point out organizers to go to in case of anything
- Tools: IRC/Slack, this wiki, http://etherpad.indieweb.org
- Demos of what works on your site today
- Intro to how Barcamp sessions are scheduled: write THREE THINGS on a notecard:
- session name,
- your name,
- session #hashtag - used for tagging and etherpad.indieweb.org/hashtag
- Session scheduling!
- Camp leaders call *start your sesssions* at start time