Storing + Sharing Bookmarks was a session at IndieWebCamp Berlin 2019.
Notes archived from: https://etherpad.indieweb.org/bookmarks
IndieWebCamp Berlin 2019
Session: Storing + Sharing Bookmarks
When: 2019-05-04 16:10
- David Shanske
- Ian cubicgarden.com
- Rosemary Orchard
- Martijn van der Ven
- Jan Sauer
- Calum Ryan
- Add yourself here… (see this for more details)
Session suggested by Mark, key points:
- What is bookmarking in relation to the indieweb?
- How can IndieWeb help with bookmarking?
- What are the long term plans for bookmarks?
- Never used Delicious, Pinboard is too minimalistic. Would like to keep bookmarks on a server (rather than a specific device in his possession)
- Wants to know:
- How do you deal with bookrmarks
- Metadata around the bookmarks?
- Sharrli: https://github.com/shaarli/Shaarli - has a REST API and browser extensions
- Urlist: https://github.com/urlist/urlist → a now defunct service for bookmarking, creating lists/groups of bookmarks, and then sharing them with others (and they can “remix” and “follow” the list)
- Wallabag - Peter Molnar's post on moving to Wallabag(https://petermolnar.net/making-things-private/)
- https://www.ghacks.net/2018/01/11/mozilla-starts-to-publish-pocket-code/ ?
- probably some wordpress plugin?
Interesting overlap between:
- saving links
- read it later
- sharing links
- https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/bookmarks (Not IndieWeb friendly, but "own your own data" friendly)
- A IndieWeb bookmarking service which queries your site (via MicroPub).
- Problem: MicroPub doesn't support a query for post type yet.
- Need to support querying for post kinds, to be able to retrieve this information.
Like vs Heart vs Love vs Favourite?
- fragmention - mentioned as a option
I suggested that we have a session tomorrow to add minimal IndieWeb support to Shaarli, either as a plugin or core feature https://shaarli.readthedocs.io/en/master/Plugins/
I think it makes more sense as a core feature but if they reject it plugin might be an alternative.
- http://curatorscode.org/ = symbols for via / hat tip / attribution. Yes, but the site is dead.
As detailed at my post https://www.jeremycherfas.net/blog/rip-the-curators-code