Private Webmentions, Server IndieAuth, Autoauth
Private Webmentions, Server IndieAuth, Autoauth was a session at IndieWeb Summit 2019.
Notes archived from: https://etherpad.indieweb.org/alltheauth
IndieWeb Summit 2019
Session: Private Webmentions, Server IndieAuth, Autoauth
When: 2019-06-29 16:10
- Malcolm Blaney (session facilitator)
- David Shanske
- gRegor Morrill
- Martijn van der Ven (remote)
- Cathie LeBlanc (remote)
- Tom Brown
- Aaron Parecki
- Sebastiaan Andeweg (remote)
- Chris Aldrich (remote)
- Dave Peck
- Add yourself here… (see this for more details)
David Shanske narration: First, there were private webmentions, and they were good. Then came Server Indieauth, and it was also good....then came AutoAuth...and it is here now.
- This has been a long ongoing discussion proposal for a while.
- private webmention worked well for individual posts but not for an entire feed
- AutoAuth is the latest iteration. It's been built and demo-ed at IWCs by a few people.
- Let some other thing act as you while fetching content, so would work for private feeds and private webmentions
- Non-technical diagram: https://svgshare.com/i/BhB.svg
- Technical diagram: https://www.svenknebel.de/temp/autoauth_diagram.svg (may be slightly outdated vs spec)