Federated Social Web
The phrase Federated Social Web is an early 2010s phrase that historically referred to several things, including federation with social standards, the Federated Social Web Summit event(s), and 2010-era social web efforts. In particular:
- Federated Social Web Summit event (2010 Portland, 2011 Berlin, 2012 San Francisco)
- Federated Social Web IG - W3C Interest Group formed after the 2010 Federated Social Web Summit.
- Federated Social Web CG - W3C Community Group, established in early 2012 from the aforementioned Federated Social Web IG.
- 2010-era social standards / distributed social web standards with the goal of federation:
Key articles in the discussion about a/the "federated social web"
- 2010-07-13 Evan Prodromou What is the federated social web? (archive.org link, original offline: http://status.net/2010/07/13/what-is-the-federated-social-web)
- Evan Prodromou: What is the federated social web?, http://status.net/2010/07/13/what-is-the-federated-social-web
- 2012-08-28 Ben Werdmüller Making billions of dollars from the federated social web