Projects being developed by IndieWeb participants that run in Node.js
- Skein: a static site generator developed by Emma Kuo and running on http://notenoughneon.com since July 2015. It uses html+microformats as its native data store.
- abode: a TypeScript server built by Eddie Hinkle and running on eddiehinkle.com since February 2017. It is currently write-only (it can't read/edit posts) using Jekyll as the front-end platform.
- lazymention: daemon written by AJ Jordan that can crawl static sites and send outbound Webmentions for them
- Indiekit: A Node.js server being developed by Paul Robert Lloyd with “all the pieces needed to own your content and share it with the wider independent web”.
Generally useful libraries being developed by IndieWeb participants that run in Node.js:
- microformat-node: A well developed library is available for use as a building block in indieweb projects for consuming pages with microformats.
- Jacky Alciné: As of 2024-01-08; this project hasn't been updated in 7 years
- micropub-express: A reusable Micropub endpoint by Pelle Wessman for the Express framework/router. Makes it easy to accept Micropub requests and then do whatever one wants to do with them.
- mf-obj: Developed by by Emma Kuo, Microformat objects are a set of utility classes for working with indieweb posts: Read different kinds of posts, Parse comments and reply contexts as nested objects, Resolve author with the authorship algorithm. Get a list of webmention targets, and Serialize and deserialize from JSON.
- micropub helper: A simple library to help with developing Micropub clients by Grant Richmond
- send-webmention and its underlying discovery library get-webmention-url, both written by AJ Jordan
- "Node feels more brittle than it should be" - capjamesg
- Out of the box, Node stops an application when there is an error that is not caught.