- HOWEVER, as of 2014-10-27 Google still says Make sure your web design adheres to the principles of progressive enhancement
See also: antipatterns
More Fragile Than HTML
Breaks Browser User Features
As illustrated by: https://twitter.com/gabrielgironda/status/721115498474270721
DEAR #FRONTEND DEVELOPERS: PLEASE STOP MAKING SITES WITH LINKS I CAN'T COMMAND-CLICK TO OPEN IN A NEW TAB. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU
JS breaks form submission UIAs described by “Modern” web design antipatterns:
Congratulations on reimplementing <form> the long way around!
I clicked on it, and tried typing “wa” – and nothing worked. It didn’t jump down to “Washington.” It didn’t even jump to “Washington” then back to “Alaska.” Oh, and of course cursor keys didn’t work either – I had to use my mouse to scroll and click and this hurts my wrist and is slow and error-prone. […]
Can Encourage Bad Engineeringhttps://twitter.com/fox/status/716879915333750784
I have seen the worst engineering in my career lately and I have one message:
- JSBin hosting challenges: https://remysharp.com/2015/09/14/jsbin-toxic-part-1
- 2018-03-31 Criticism (of JS-centrism among other things) Dear Developer, The Web Isn't About You
- 2019-01-21 Chris Coyier: The Great Divide / Two front-end developers are sitting at a bar. They have nothing to talk about.
- Criticism comic - overuse thereof: https://twitter.com/CommitStrip/status/1119222651673878530