Thread Reader (aka Thread Reader App) is a Twitter bot/service that will convert a Twitter thread into an article by replying to any tweet of a thread that mentions @ThreadReaderApp with the keyword "unroll". When ready, the bot will tweet back a link to a collection of the tweets.
They also support other languages:
- In Arabic, use the word "تنسيق"
- In French, use the word "déroule"
- In Japanese, use the word "まとめ”
In response to a post/tweet by Chris Aldrich on 2020-03-06, Thread Reader built an IndieAuth and Micropub workflow to allow users to post collections of their own Twitter threads (aka tweetstorms) back to their own personal websites.
On 2020-05-28, Chris Aldrich posted a thread to Twitter and afterward was able to use a beta version of their service to syndicate (or PESOS) a copy of it to his website in one of the first examples of this feature in the wild.
- IndieWeb friendly support request by Jeremy Cherfas: https://twitter.com/EatPodcast/status/1580414675652861952
- "I would like it to assemble the thread into cohesive paragraphs, add suitable microformats and use Micropub open standards to PESOS back to my personal website, for full indieweb goodness." @EatPodcast October 13, 2022