Symetre (stylized as
(symetre)) is an attempt at encouraging selfhosting of indieweb services for use in static websites, instead of relying on their hosted counterparts. The idea being that each feature is an opt in module that exposes an API.
An abstraction over manually sending webmentions to other sites.
Can accept one of two requests
- A conventional webmention to send
- A h-entry
A server to receive and store webmentions for later use
A server to store and optionally distribute notes, reposts, likes, etc.
Can distribute the store in one of two ways
- Consumer side HTML components (for easy integration with an otherwise static site)
- Via an API
* As h-entry * As a normal microsub endoint
Can receive in one of two ways
- As a normal microsub endoint
works as an authorization-endpoint
- Password Based
- Cert based
- RelMe based
Disperses new entries/notes
Store incoming WebSub data OR periodically check for new h-entries. Backend for microsub apps.
Syndicate with other services like twitter.
- Acts as a microsub client?
- Possibility of easy extension for other services?