ask me anything
Ask Me Anything or AMA is a public facing page which allows people to ask questions online they'd like the originator to answer.
A common variation of this is also known as AMAA for "Ask Me Almost/Absolutely Anything". A common feature of such pages/service providers is often the ability to ask questions anonymously.
Sara Soueidan AMA page
gRegor Morrill: I do not have a dedicated page for AMAs, but I've created AMA posts with a separate answers posts several times over the years.
- Example AMA: https://gregorlove.com/2019/02/open-post-v/
- Answers: https://gregorlove.com/2019/03/the-answer-is-g/
- Reddit - The concept of AMA as well as a similar pattern known by IAmA meaning "I am a ____. Ask me Anything" was originated in January 2009. As proof of their identity, all AMA participants (or “OP,” short for “Original Poster”) are required to post an image of themselves. Typically this is done along with a link to their silo profile as well as the date and time of the event. Syndicated copies of their photo proof are often sent to other social networks to spread the word about their appearance. Reddit AMAs are often run for a limited time and are somewhat similar to an online press conference.
- FormSpring.me - Founded by Ade Olonoh, John Wechsler (Nov 25, 2009-March 2013) FormSpring was a silo that allowed users to ask questions of each other as its primary function. The initial features are relatively well described here.
- Tumblr On January 7, 2010 Tumblr added a new feature in the form of a pre-configured "Ask me" page that allows users allow others to ask them questions on their sites to create conversations.
- ASK.fm is a Q&A social network connecting and engaging people by asking questions either as themselves or anonymously. It was started on Jun 16, 2010.
- Curious Cat is a Q&A social network