Productivity posts are posts for capturing, tracking, and logging various task management related items such as ideas, things to-do, projects, and completions.
Related types of posts:
- bookmark — often used to capture something to read
- read — about having finished a book, or some portion thereof
- listen — about having finished hearing a song, podcast, or other audio content
- watch — about having finished a movie, TV show, or some other performance
- exercise — completions of a physical variety
- performance — completions of an artistic variety
- 2021-07-27 WIRED: Hundreds of Ways to Get S#!+ Done—and We Still Don’t / You want to be productive. Software wants to help. But even with a glut of tools claiming to make us all into taskmasters, we almost never master our tasks.
Zeigarnik found a quirk of the human mind: When a task is unfinished, we can’t seem to stop thinking about it. …
Psychologists still argue about why; possibly it’s a kind of constant refresh to keep whatever’s pending from vanishing from our short-term memory…
Whatever the cause, today this is known as the Zeigarnik effect, and psychologists who study task management say it’s part of why so many of us feel perpetually frazzled by the challenge of organizing work and life. When we face all that undone stuff—emails to write, calls to return, people to contact, friends to check in on, memos to draft, children to help—it’s like being a waiter serving a hundred tables at once. If you’ve found yourself in bed at 2 am with your brain screaming at you about that thing you didn’t do, that’s a Zeigarnik moment.
A good to-do tool ought to ease the Zeigarnik effect.
- 2021-08-08 I closed a lot of browser tabs
- Hacker News discussion thereof (lots of about productivity in general) https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=28108068