safety status is a particular type of post (with a permalink) that indicates a person's safety during a disaster event and can be posted by a person or by one of their friends. Such posts are typically shown as a marked safe notification to followers, and aggregated on a safety check page.
- 2017-03-22 Barry Frost marked as safe on his site.
- FB POSSE copy: https://www.facebook.com/barryfrost/posts/10158336814525587
gRegor Morrill marked as safe on gregorlove.com, syndicated to Twitter and Facebook:
- 2017-12-09: https://gregorlove.com/2017/12/i-am-currently-safe-during/
- 2018-04-05: https://gregorlove.com/2018/04/i-am-currently-safe-during/
People or their friends can mark themselves as safe, which creates a "safety status" post on their profile page with its own permalink, like and comment webactions, and comment thread underneath.
Example permalinks (may only be visible to logged in users, and even then, friends of those marked safe)
- 2017-03-22 Calum Ryan marked as safe on Facebook following the attack in Westminster