This style guide is a set of recommendations when using indieweb terminology.
Use this page to discuss writing style, disambiguation of jargon and phrases and to ask questions about terminology in efforts to remain more consistent with how others are writing about indieweb ideas and projects.
The Indie Web
- "the Indie Web" as a noun
- The "IndieWebCamp" event name is one word.
- "IndieWeb" is a proper noun. It refers to the indieweb movement, which encompasses websites such as indieweb.org, events like IndieWebCamp, and various technologies including microformats.
- "indieweb" is an adjective meaning "of or relating to IndieWeb".
- "indie web" as a generic term describing an independent web 
An Indie Website
i.e. a site that is part of the Indie Web.
- Webmention the protocol is a proper noun and should be capitalized, but not CamelCase.
- An individual webmention that someone receives is not a proper noun.
- You can receive multiple webmentions, but Webmention can not be pluralized
The Web vs the web