This style guide is a set of recommendations when using indieweb terminology.
Use this page to discuss writing style, disambiguation of jargon and phrases and to ask questions about terminology in efforts to remain more consistent with how others are writing about indieweb ideas and projects.
The Indie Web
- "the Indie Web" as a noun
- The "IndieWebCamp" event name is one word.
- "IndieWeb" is a proper noun. It refers to the indieweb movement, which encompasses websites such as indieweb.org, events like IndieWebCamp, and various technologies including microformats.
- "indieweb" is an adjective meaning "of or relating to IndieWeb".
An Indie Website
i.e. a site that is part of the Indie Web.
- "Webmention" the protocol is a proper noun and should be capitalized, but not CamelCase.
- An individual "webmention" that someone receives is not a proper noun.
The Web vs the web