(Redirected from validator)Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article is a stub. You can help the IndieWeb wiki by expanding it.
Here are some tools that are helpful for building, validating, and debugging an IndieWeb site.
- https://monocle.p3k.io/preview - a feed parser that makes it easier to see the parsed result than look through the source HTML. Does everything you expect to be parsed show up? Does anything appear that you didn't expect?
- https://indieweb-endpoints.cc/ - Discover a URL’s IndieAuth, Micropub, Microsub, and Webmention endpoints.
- https://toolbox.imoxia.com/- toolbox provides diagnostic discovery and testing facilities of IndieWeb and other web technologies; to use toolbox you need to identify yourself using IndieAuth.
- https://rel-me.cc/ - Discover a URL’s published rel-me links
- https://indiewebify.me - test web sign-in, validate h-card and h-entry
- https://authorship.rocks/ - is a validator to help you test your Authorship Discovery implementation.
- https://webmention.rocks - test and debug your Webmention senders and receivers
- https://micropub.rocks - test and debug your Micropub clients and servers
- https://websub.rocks – test and debug WebSub publishers, subscribers and hubs
Main article: microformats
- https://microformats.io – intro to mf2 and compare different parser results
- See also: microformats.io
- https://willnorris.github.io/mf2compare/ – compare different parser results
- https://pin13.net/mf2/ - URL and text entry (PHP)
- http://glennjones.net/tools/microformats/ - URL and text entry (Node.js)
- https://mf2py.herokuapp.com/ - URL entry (Python)
- https://kartikprabhu.com/connection/mfparser - text entry (Python)
- http://www.unmung.com/ - URL and text entry (Python); see also unmung
- https://unrelenting.technology/mf2/ - text entry (Haskell)
- https://microformats-ruby-parser.herokuapp.com/ - URL and text entry (Ruby)
- https://willnorris.com/go/microformats/live - URL and text entry (Go)
- https://beatonma.org/app/org.beatonma.ext.microformats-reader/ - Microformats Reader (Chrome) (Source:Github)
- https://kylewm.com/services/mf2 (zombie site) - URL and text entry (Python)
- https://gimme-a-token.5eb.nl/ - helper for obtaining an access token
- http://wiki.zegnat.net/media/token-provider.php (source) is a small tool to complete an IndieAuth flow with a pre-determined token. Useful for testing (local) micropub servers with clients that expect to do full IndieAuth flow for auth.
- selfauth is a single user authorization endpoint written in PHP.
server configuration checks
- Qualys SSL labs – checks HTTPS configuration
- https://ssl.indieweb.org - generate SSL certs for .dev domains for testing locally
- a bunch of Unicode tools is listed on Unicode#Tools
- https://sturdy-backbone.glitch.me/ shows how the authorship algorithm plays out for a given post.
- w3c html validator to diagnose malformed html
- Indie Stats, an Indieweb site crawler and MF2 data collection tool.
- granary is a library and REST API that frees you from social network snowflake API and exposes the sweet social data foodstuff inside as HTML and JSON with microformats2, ActivityStreams, JSON Feed, Atom, XML, and more.
- CSS Stats provides analytics and visualizations for your stylesheets. This information can be used to improve consistency in your design, track performance of your app, and diagnose complex areas before it snowballs out of control.
- http://examples.tpxl.io/ a static site that displays a bunch of different examples of posts, it shows the microformats 2 json, jsonfeed2 json and rendered html at the moment. GitHub repo
- https://micromicro.cc/ lets you extract microformats2-encoded data from a webpage.
- https://castfeedvalidator.com/ - podcast centric