2016 homepage is a project to refine the IndieWebCamp wiki's homepage or redesign it altogether that was completed and launched in 2016.
- See 2019/homepage for another iteration!
Because we can improve the site homepage! For example, make it responsive and accessible to more generations.
Note: we are not trying to redesign the whole site. Just the homepage and its content.
Please add any new issues here:
- gRegor Morrill: Suggestion: a graphic for "Getting Started" on the homepage could be good - similar size as the heart icon on there. See discussion https://indiewebcamp.com/irc/2016-06-10#t1465582107200
- Kartik Prabhu: Suggestion: put "home, getting started, discuss, FAQ, search" in some main navigation bar on the top
- Tantek Çelik "home" is already the logo, getting started & discuss & FAQ are already in the sidebar, search is already on top. I don't see anything to do here.
Some examples to look at of nice homepages (ideally of active creator-centric communities)
Community website home pages (that are more than just a single project)
- ... still looking for good examples of such
Project-specific examples of nice homepages:
- Tantek Çelik This one has some nice appeal without seeming too marketingy.
- Tantek Çelik something "off" about it, look very 1990s / geeky
Generic wireframe examples:
If you wish to actively help with this project, please list yourself here and be reasonably (e.g. daily) available on IRC
- Tantek Çelik - have been copy-editing the homepage (simplifying) and doing some layout/style tweaks for consumability. See July 4-5 changes for example.
- Shane Becker
- Kyle Mahan
2016-06-04 to 2016-07-04
Homepage after Mediawiki theme switch at 2016 IndieWeb Summit, but before heavy curation and redesign on and right after 2016-07-04:
- new logo
- switch to Mediawiki default "Vector" skin
2011 to 2016-06-03
Previous homepage design from 2011 to 2016-06-03: