Indieweb Building Blocks was a hack day introduction session at IndieWeb Summit 2018.
- Notes archived from: https://etherpad.indieweb.org/building-blocks
- Video at:
IndieWeb Summit 2018
Session: IndieWeb Building Blocks
When: 2018-06-27 10:00
- Tantek Çelik (facilitator)
- Marty McGuire
- gRegor Morrill
- Ryan Johnson
- Jonathan LaCour
- Jacky Alciné
- Anthony Cast
- Add yourself here… (see this for more details)
- Has everyone here logged in to the wiki and set up a user page? Yes
- Tantek Çelik going through h-card and minimal h-card.
- Shows pin13.net, shows you the parsed JSON of your microformats; demos Firefox's collapsible view of
- Shows indiewebify.me h-card validator.
- Does everyone have h-entry? Yes
- Next we will check that h-entry has good author information. Shows 2018.indieweb.org -- if your name or photo didn't show up here, we can fix that
- Pulls up rsvp, shows minimal viable RSVP. Walking through the HTML to help Ryan set up an RSVP for 2018
- Next up: reply, shows minimal markup with u-in-reply-to mf2
- When replying to a tweet, even better if your syndicated tweet shows up threaded
- Tantek Çelik shows his syndicated tweet with PSC
- Replies are probably one of the more important building blocks; this is how we interact across our sites.
- Showing reacji, talking about Bridgy and Github integration
- Ryan's RSVP updated, webmentino sent, and now he's showing up on 2018.indieweb.org
- Photo wasn't showing up; debugged in pin13 and it shows an h-card photo property with an SVG, so it should work. Appears to be a consuming issue on the indieweb site.
- Marty McGuire files Github issue for this
- ... scratch that. Ryan appears to be missing the author property
- Marty McGuire discusses authorship and easiest way for Ryan to get it working: u-author property linking to "/" which will find the h-card on his homepage.
- After further debugging, appears 2018.indieweb.org is not correctly handling rel=author on Ryan's post. authorship testing tool finds the authorship information for the RSVP
- issue filed: https://github.com/indieweb/2018.indieweb.org/issues/6