Licence detection algorithm was a session at IndieWebCamp Brighton 2019.
Notes archived from: https://etherpad.indieweb.org/licence
IndieWebCamp Brighton 2019
- Session: Licence detection algorithm
- When: 2019-10-19 15:30
- Video: ▶️44:54s
- Jeremy Keith
- Mark Everitt
- Sven Knebel
- Martijn van der Ven
- Peter Molnar
- Jeremy Cherfas
- re multiple licences within a document:
- html sections as headings - didn't work
- has accessibility value
- images can't be sections on their own
- rel-bookmark - can rel-licence be similar?
- Martijn van der Ven section can be referenced as rel-bookmark, if it has a rel-licence in it does it work?
- SPDX is de-facto standard for licence indication
- news outlet images/media companies at max only show creator of photographs, no licence information
Jeremy Keith fragment is part of the url, can it also be used to detect licence?
- rel licence -> real url or SPDX url-like string
Peter Molnar was confused about ShareAlike vs Non-Derivatives
Martijn van der Ven section licences can be transferred, eg use the whole block as it is on another site
- should systems look into EXIF/XMP/etc metadata as well? (attribution within and EXIF/XMP tag is a bit nasty)
<figure> is self-contained (single unit), not independent
scoping: use link-rel inside a block, then it applies to the block (block being <figure>, <section>, etc) maybe scope it to a microformat "block", eg. h-entry