Travel Data & Posts was a session at IndieWebCamp Düsseldorf 2019.
Notes archived from: https://etherpad.indieweb.org/comefly
IndieWebCamp Düsseldorf 2019
Session: Travel Data & Posts
When: 2019-05-11 15:00
- Rosemary Orchard
- Aaron Parecki
- Jeremy Keith
- Martijn van der Ven – remote
- David Shanske - remote
- Add yourself here… (see this for more details)
- Rosemary Orchard: I currently use Tripit which lets me collect trip information. I would like a way to share that data with people without them having to have a tripit account to view it. https://www.tripit.com/developer
- Trips on Aaron Parecki’s site are collections of other posts: he creates an event (already exists) and adds other posts he had already made (like flight posts) to it as a collection.
- aaronpk: is considering some sort of summary map view of all the posts in a trip collection
- Would not want everything between two points in time to turn up in the same collection automatically because a blog post written/published may not be about the trip.
- after a trip, Dopplr would look at your Flickr and match timestamps of photos with a place from your Dopplr plans
- Nested events?
- one encompassing "Europe" trip that has multiple trip posts inside that post
- IndieWebCamp Düsseldorf, btconf, etc
- then each of those could be event/trips too with further nested posts
- Trips are like archive views, except the date range is arbitrary instead of based on the calendar dates
- Monthly summary views