Groups was a session at IndieWebCamp Online 2019.
Notes archived from https://etherpad.indieweb.org/groups
IndieWebCamp Online 2019
When: 2019-03-09 18:00 UTC
- Jacky Alciné (facilitator)
- Eddie Hinkle
- Grant Richmond
- Aaron Parecki
- Chris Aldrich - listening in and taking some notes
- A group could be "public" or "private".
- Facebook Group conversin thoughts
- Group Members
- A way to send a private webmention to multiple people without having to remember who all is on the list.
Different definitions of a group:
1. A simple list of people that you want to publish to / mention (one way interaction). Normally the publisher contols who is included. This sounds kind of similar to a mailing list. 2. A forum / chat style with interaction between the members. Normally members can join and leave at will 3. Twitter lists - via hashtags - impromptu groups using tags
- Has no concept of joining or leaving
- How to make a discoverable list of participants (if the group is private)?
- IndieNews is a public group, anyone can send a post to it and people can subscribe to it (it has an h-feed)
- A private group could be a private thing like IndieNews. If you have something like AutoAuth, you can be invited and added to a group that could then only accept posts from existing members.
- People can subscribe to posts on this group in their reader.