Jump to navigation Jump to search
Dokku is a PaaS implementation similar to Heroku that you can run on your own site.
Like Heroku, Dokku deploys web applications from a git repository. Dokku has implemented many features found in Heroku. Switching over from Heroku to Dokku, once Dokku is installed, might be fairly easy for most applications.
Dokku Deployment Options
Some options to deploy Dokku itself:
- Dokku is easy to install on Ubuntu.
- DigitalOcean provides a One Click App with Dokku.
- Linode has a Dokku StackScript.
Examples of Dokku use in the IndieWeb:
- Jacky Alciné uses it to run Koype Hub, Fortress and his copy of Koype.
- Martijn van der Ven runs several services with Dokku, like Monica and a personal wiki, and is planing to move all their websites onto it.