custom post style
Custom post style is the practice of styling individual posts differently from the rest of the site styles.
There are at least a few reasons why you may want to support custom post styles.
- special styling for a holiday
- testing / showing / teaching new styles
- post with a complicated table that needs custom styling
No general recommended technique yet. Check examples and brainstorming and try similar approaches.
- Oldest example from (2006-08-23):  imported from original Blogger post .
- ... add more examples here ...
- Oldest example from 2013-03-11: http://aaronparecki.com/articles/2013/03/11/1/14-things-to-pack-for-a-week-at-a-tech-conference
<style scoped="scoped" class="p-x-style"> ... </style>directly inside an h-entry in storage
- retrieve that like any h-entry property and display as the last style element before the close
</head>on the permalink for that post, again directly inside the h-entry, so it applies to it.
style scopedto show custom post style on post in-stream (e.g. on homepage)
- Note: As of 2015-07-03 only Firefox desktop/Android/OS supports style scoped - but maybe that's ok and will provide a good real world use-case for other browsers to add support.
Itch previously documented:
Tumblr allows post styles in the same way as Blogger.
- ...add more examples here...
Jason Santa Maria
Jason Santa Maria using ExpressionEngine had custom post styles for (almost) all posts made on version 4 of his site, between 2008-06-17  and 2011-06-16. Version 5 has rarely featured some custom post styles, recognisable by the screenshots on the archive page.
- External CSS from
/css/entry/post_slug.cssincluded in the
- External JS from
/js/entry/post_slug.cssincluded in the
nothing here currently.