site-homepage is an ongoing project to iteratively improve the IndieWeb.org site homepage to make it more responsive, and more accessible & useful to more generations.
See homepage for general personal homepage discussion efforts.
New live modules
New live modules which could be used to improve the apparent freshness / usefulness of the homepage (in no particular order, feel free to mention which ones you might like more).
- on this day (like on Wikipedia) - include events from timeline first, history second (could automate if those were marked up with h-event?), and maybe later allow overriding with custom pages for each day of the year?
- most notable three things in linked sentence form (like on WP)
- list of 6 next things (timeline, then history)
- site births/deaths.
- Recent events - in particular photos from four most recent events (with photos) in the past 7-14 days. Link photos to events.
- Upcoming events - replace Sidebar (manual updates) and Main_Page#Homebrew_Website_Club & IWCs section below it by some sort of automated box maybe listing events for the next two weeks, and a calendar with days highlighted with IndieWeb related events
- New Community Members (inspired by this-week, e.g. from 2017-09-01)
- In the news (like Wikipedia) - recent posts about
- Recent podcasts about
- Maybe automate most recent "This Week in the IndieWeb" audio edition linking at least
- New wiki pages (e.g. 10 most recently created)
- Recently active pages (e.g. 10 most edited pages in the recent past week? 2 weeks? month?)
- ... feel free to add more! Perhaps more ideas from http://enwp.org/ homepage?
- 2016/homepage session and project
- Some aspects of 2017/refresh session and project
- Github issues for the wiki to improve the homepage