Nextcloud is an open source software project for self-hosted personal web services including a file manager (an indie version of Dropbox), music, calendar (CalDAV), contacts (CardDAV), and more. It was forked from ownCloud in early June 2016.
- Christian Weiske uses Nextcloud for file sharing, contact, calendar and note synchronization
- Federico klez Culloca uses Nextcloud with Collabora plugin to keep a spreadsheet to handle home finances with his housemates
- Vika uses Nextcloud for contact, calendar, sticky notes and file synchronization.
- Jacky Alciné uses it for all of their hosted DAV needs (files, notes, tasks, calendar, etc).
- Aaron Parecki uses Nextcloud for file syncing, sharing, contacts synced with iOS, and private notes
- Ton Zijlstra uses NextCloud on a VPS as Dropbox replacement
- Kelson Vibber uses Nextcloud for file syncing, contact, calendar, feed reader and notes.
Nextcloud functionality can be added through applications.
- Might be worth looking into adding mf2 h-feed support to Nextcloud News — assess how much work would it take, would the maintainers support it etc. — Barnaby Walters