chicken is a type of post supported by idno. chickens were initially a proof of concept for post-type plugin development, but high levels of chicken interest in the community has driven further development.
This is the classic cold start problem of social. The answer to the traditional chicken-and-egg question is actually answerable: what comes first is a single chicken, and then another chicken, and then another chicken, and so on. The harder version of the question is why the first chicken came and stayed when no other chickens were around, and why the others followed.—Eugene Wei
- User:werd.io is credited with the invention of chickens, and uses Known to post them on his personal site 
- Kyle Mahan uses Red Wind to create chickens posts, as notes tagged chicken 
- User:Mattl.us posts chickens on his personal site 
- Martijn van der Ven had a chicken, keeping this alive: 🐔
- Because David Shanske made the WordPress Post Kinds Plugin so easily extensible, it seemed a shame not to add another example, so Chris Aldrich did on 2018-02-17. He also has a chicken feed.
- Add yourself here… (see this for more details)
Articles about chickens, particularly written by the IndieWebCamp community