Gallery layouts are usually organized in some sort of grid fashion.
Projects and other software platforms that have a notion / feature support of "gallery".
WordPress software offers two image related post formats.
- image - A single image. The first tag in the post could be considered the image. Alternatively, if the post consists only of a URL, that will be the image URL and the title of the post (post_title) will be the title attribute for the image.
- gallery - A gallery of images. Post will likely contain a gallery shortcode and will have image attachments.
Flickr confusingly has several different kinds of galleries each with their own quirky limitations:
- Set (also called Album in the UI) - a curation of your own photos
- Gallery - a curation of other people's photos
- They have a "special" Galllery called Favorites now (with 2014 UI update), whereas Favorites used to be a completely separate thing.
- Photo Book - ??? something new