Gallery layouts are usually organized in some sort of grid fashion.
There are no known examples of IndieWeb publishers of gallery posts. If you know of one, please add it here!
Projects and other software platforms that have a notion / feature support of "gallery".
WordPress software offers two image related post formats.
- image - A single image. The first tag in the post could be considered the image. Alternatively, if the post consists only of a URL, that will be the image URL and the title of the post (post_title) will be the title attribute for the image.
- gallery - A gallery of images. Post will likely contain a gallery shortcode and will have image attachments.
Flickr confusingly has several different kinds of galleries each with their own quirky limitations:
- Set (also called Album in the UI) - a curation of your own photos
- Gallery - a curation of other people's photos
- They have a "special" Galllery called Favorites now (with 2014 UI update), whereas Favorites used to be a completely separate thing.
- Photo Book - ??? something new