Microformats/You and Your h-card was a session at IndieWebCamp Austin 2019.
Notes archived from: https://etherpad.indieweb.org/microformats
IndieWebCamp Austin 2019
When: 2019-02-23 14:50
- gRegor Morrill (session facilitator)
- David Shanske (session facilitator)
- Chris Aldrich
- Jack Jamieson
- Rayna Harris
- Add yourself here… (see this for more details)
- microformats.io is a great intro.
- Tagline: "Microformats, we do it with class"
Each piece of information has a property identified in the class attribute
With these classes, a parser can extract that information.
Syntax is documented on microformats.org
Microformats 2 is prefixed.
- h - Root object
- p - plaintext value
- u - URL value
- dt - date value
- e - html value (element tree properties where entire element is the value)
Questions from attendees
Q: Should we add microformats on the front of our list of pre-existing classes or the end?
- A: Append microformats to the end of the list of other classes (which are typically used for CSS styling)
Q: Are they order dependent?
- A: Parsers and other things don't care, so it shouldn't matter
Q: What is Webmention?
- A: See Webmention as well as Webmentions: Enabling Better Communication on the Internet
Services for webmention: webmention.io
- additional representative photos that are marked up with mood, so that one could attach a mood to a post to specify a preference for which photo to be picked up by receiving sites (for webmentions).