How to export your data
- Would be good to mung any of these into h-review based files for import into an indiewebsite -- Kartik Prabhu
How to import your data
- Multiple shelves to categorize your books.
- Books can be put on multiple shelves.
- There are three core, "exclusive" shelves: read, currently-reading, and to-read.
- All books must be in one and only one of these shelves.
- Additional "exclusive" shelves can be added by the user.
- When a book is on the currently-reading shelf, you can post reading progress updates
- A page number or percentage can be entered
- Optionally, a status of up to 420 characters can be entered
- The currently-reading list shows the percentage complete based on your last reading progress update
- A stream of your friends' added books and reading progress updates
- An annual reading challenge where you can select the number of books you want to read during that year.
- Your reading progress is tracked and informs you whether you are on track or # books behind.
- . . .
POSSE to Goodreads
- gRegor Morrill has manually POSSEd reviews to Goodreads.
- Kyle Mahan has been automatically POSSEing reviews to Goodreads since 2015-12-30
- Chris Aldrich has been manually POSSEing both status updates and reviews to GoodReads since 2016-09-13. Examples can be found in this feed.
API for Goodreads
As of 2015-12-29, silo.pub has support for publishing to Goodreads via a micropub API.
To POSSE a review to Goodreads would basically involve:
- creating an API key and secret with Goodreads
- OAuthing on behalf of the user
- Searching for the book_id in Goodreads
- Searching for the "shelf" in Goodreads
- Posting the review
Their API guidelines also *require* a link back to the "original" post in Goodreads.
- What if the post on Goodreads is a copy and not the original? - Tantek