The Leaders Summit is a half-day of activities and sessions before IndieWeb Summit 2016, for everyone who has co-organized an IndieWebCamp from 2014-2016 or at least two Homebrew Website Club meetups, and posted at least one meetup photo. If you're not sure, ask an organizer.
- Want to organize an IndieWebCamp before the Summit?
- Want to organize Homebrew Website Club meetups before the Summit?
- 12:00 Leaders Summit (LS) start & intros (Meet at Garden Bar)
- 13:00 Leaders Summit Sessions (move to Vadio)
- 17:00 Leaders Summit Wrap-up & Next Steps
- 17:30 Leaders Summit close.
Please add yourself below if you will be participating in the Leaders Summit (alphabetical by full name)
- Aaron Parecki
- Amy Guy
- Ben Werdmüller
- David Shanske
- gRegor Morrill
- Julie Anne Noying
- Kyle Mahan
- Shane Becker
- Tantek Çelik
If you can't make it in person but you're available to participate remotely, please add yourself below
- Ben Roberts - Not sure how much I will be able to attend as this falls smack in the middle of moving houses, but I will be on as much as I can.
- Jeena Paradies - It's a bit faar but I will attend remote, sounds cool!
- Joschi Kuphal IRC and video (at least part-time)
- Kevin Marks IRC and video
- Marc Thiele - would be fab to have the option. Sadly I can't make it to Portland. Away with the family. But hope to have a connection to be part remotely
- Ryan Barrett I'll be on IRC!
Sorry to miss you, let us know if you can't make it and we'll try to reach out with specifics that may apply to your city.
- Pelle Wessman – Sadly don't think I can make it to Portland this year and due to the time zones remote attendance will be hard.
- Kartik Prabhu
- Sandro Hawke can't make it until Friday night
Lunch to go (eat outside) - photos and animated gif by Julie Anne Noying
Tantek Çelik: a few photos:
If you will be participating in the Day 0 Leaders Summit, please add your session ideas here with name, hashtag, and session idea name. Please add nested list-items with "+1 yourname" for sessions you want to participate in!
Timebox: 15 min.
- Aaron Parecki Let's talk about improving the event registration process having learned from previous years wiki RSVPs vs ti.to registrations vs indie RSVPs. E.g. datapoints:
- people indie RSVPd but didn't ti.to: https://indiewebcamp.com/irc/2016-06-02#t1464901363292
- people edited the wiki, didn't ti.to or indie RSVP: https://indiewebcamp.com/irc/2016-06-02#t1464906696677
- Noting that there's no mention of ti.to at https://indiewebcamp.com/2016 under RSVP
Timebox: 1 hour
- Tantek Çelik #growing: participation in existing events, more event in current cities, and more cities.
- Tantek Çelik #diversity
- Tantek Çelik #generations: Where are we today with Generations
- What do we need to do to reach the next level of folks?
- On the other end, how can we iterate on IndieMark to help guide and push the edges?
- +1 Aaron Parecki some good reading related to this topic: Inessential Weirdnesses in Open Source Software
- More good reading: Kyle Mahan's Bridging the IndieWeb Generation Gap
- +1 Kyle Mahan
- +1 Ben Werdmüller
Timebox: 1 hour
rename to indieweb
- Aaron Parecki (for Ben Roberts) Rename main IndieWebCamp identity to "IndieWeb" - indiewebcamp.com redirect to indieweb.org, change IRC channel from #indiewebcamp to #indieweb and other related #indieweb-* channels. Maybe keep a separate channel for logs of camps and HWCs so as not to make it difficult for people to read when there is a camp going on (i'm probably going too far with that). All channels being bridged between slack would be nice as well.
- +1 Aaron Parecki
- Michael Bishop potentially move Loqi notifications regarding wiki edits to -dev or some other internal channel. Also think about testing wiki definitions outside of main channel. I would also suggest thinking about the retweets and other automated messages in the channel intended for newcomers be minimized if possible.
- +1000 to everything miklb said :) Kyle Mahan
- create a new page with the proposal and details
- encourage +1/0/-1 on the proposal (like we did with the logo)
- goal: flip the switch on 2016-07-04
- Shane Becker #homepage: Outside of the scope of the newskin, I think we can make the homepage better or redesign it altogether.
Like: (good examples that have gotten good feedback in)
- Tantek Çelik #newskin! Finalize new wiki skin changes, update/upgrade the wiki as needed, with new theme, new logo, etc.
- Wiki skin
Upload new logo and switch wiki skin to Vectorcompleted 2016-06-04
Copy sponsor logos to home page
- completed ????-??-??
Create multiple Freenode IRC channels and mirror them to Slack
- #indieweb - main channel, tweets and superfeedr search for "indieweb"
- #indieweb-dev - development chatter, jargon is fine, wiki edits go here, spec-related tweets here
- #indieweb-chat - off-topic chatter, not publicly logged
- completed 2017-02-04 
Including list of work: redirects, subdomains, channels
- completed ????-??-??
- Move events content from home page to events.indieweb.org or for the time being, /events
- Make the content appropriate for the next generation of people that we want to attract
- Make sure home page is still personable, has photos, shows community
- "goodie bags" for leaders with things like:
- packets of stickers (e.g. with the new logo, microformats, webmention, etc.) for handing out at their next HWC meetups or IWCs.