Previously Hacker News was described as a link aggregator, however that implies a level of automation which it lacks. Links are manually posted on Hacker News by humans, and thus resemble bookmark posts more than aggregation.
- bookmark posts, which you can then interact with:
Members of the IndieWeb community who post (what they call "submit") bookmarks and/or comments on/to Hacker News:
- Aaron Parecki submissions, comments
- Jeremy Keith submission
- Ben Werdmüller submissions, comments
- Amber Case submissions,comments
- Kevin Marks comment
- Ryan Barrett comment
- Tom Morris submissions, comments
- Jacky Alciné submissions, comments
- Jamie Tanna , comments submissions from domain
POSSE to Hacker News
If you post to Hacker News, you should consider posting bookmark posts to your own site instead, and then POSSEing to Hacker News.
- 2012-10-07 Aaron Parecki https://aaronparecki.com/2012/10/07/1/providing-apis-for-content-driven-websites
- POSSE copy: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=4624105
POSSE replies to Hacker News
If you post comments on Hacker News, you should consider instead posting a reply on your own site, and then POSSEing that reply to Hacker News.
- 2017-06-08 Aaron Parecki https://aaronparecki.com/2017/06/08/9/indieweb
- POSSE copy: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14516923
POSSE likes to Hacker News
If you upvote posts or comments on Hacker News, you should consider instead posting like posts on your own site, and then POSSEing those likes as upvotes to Hacker News.
Backfeed responses on Hacker News
If you POSSE to Hacker News, you should also backfeed any responses (replies, votes) back to your original post.
- 2019-08-08 The New Yorker: The Lonely Work of Moderating Hacker News / Can a human touch make Silicon Valley’s biggest discussion forum a more thoughtful place?
- Criticism / humor / metaphorical video: https://twitter.com/jowanza/status/1188489760752357381
- Example of what simple infrastructure (1 server, 5.5M page views daily) can do: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=23808787 https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=18184749
- feeds including firehoses of all comments https://hnrss.github.io/ (code at https://github.com/hnrss)
- Criticism: https://macwright.com/2022/09/15/hacker-news.html
Writing for the Hacker News audience makes my writing worse.
- Criticism and why NOT to backfeed from HN: 2022-07-10 Why I tend to avoid reading social news comments