IndieWeb Summit 2017 is 2017-06-24 through 2017-06-25 in Portland, Oregon; the seventh annual gathering for independent web creators of all kinds, from graphic artists, to designers, UX engineers, coders, hackers, to share ideas, actively work on creating for their own personal websites, and build upon each others creations.
We should all own the content we're creating, rather than just posting to third-party content silos. Publish on your own domain, and syndicate out to silos.Join us for two days of brainstorming & creating at IndieWeb Summit and be a part of advancing & growing the indie web.
- When: from June 24, 2017 () at 9:30am through June 25 () at 6pm
- Cost: $10, or free with an Indie RSVP
- Please register and RSVP on the Official Event Page.
- Add yourself and what projects you’re working on to the Projects List.
- Code of Conduct
- Session Proposals
- Schedule Grid - hyperlinked to actual session pages
- Etherpad index: https://etherpad.indieweb.org/2017
IndieWebCamp has a strong tradition of remote participation, typically using IRC, Google Hangouts and Etherpad during as well as after the event.
If you can't get to the event, consider remote participating or finding/running an IndieWebCamp remote party near you.
Indieweb Remote Parties:
Travel and Lodging
✈️ PDX Airport. If you are flying to Portland, Oregon, PDX is the airport you want.
🚈 From the PDX airport, the MAX will drop you off downtown a few blocks from the venue. It costs $2.50 for a ticket. Public Transit directions
Lyft or Uber
🚙 You can also take Lyft or Uber from the airport, they will pick you up in the lower level, in a section named "Transportation Network Companies." The cost will be about $18-22 for UberX. More info on the Uber blog.
🚕 If you want to take a local cab, Aaron recommends calling Radio Cab (503-227-1212) when you are just outside security, and they will meet you in the lower level for pickup. Alternately, there is usually a line of cabs ready to take people in the lower level.
🏫 Here are a few nearby recommended hotels:
- The Nines - website yelp
- Ace Hotel - website yelp
- Mariott City Center - website yelp
- The Society Hotel - website yelp
AirBnB or Couchsurfing
🏡 Some alternatives to hotels are
🤓 Have you helped organize an IndieWebCamp or series of Homebrew Website Clubs and want to help out with our annual IndieWebSummit? Add yourself below, and what you'd like to / are available help do to make the summit happen:
- Aaron Parecki - onsite in Portland
- Ben Werdmüller - outreach and diversity
- Tantek Çelik - all kinds of wiki things (like this page and subpages), outreach, possibly cross-promotion with related events
🤗 Participated in an IndieWebCamp and want to help out new folks? Or just passionate to help out any way you can? Add yourself here!
- funwhilelost 13:28, 18 April 2017 (PDT)
- food - vegetarian default
- onsite childcare (was asked about the week before 2016, so we should look into options, costs, possible sponsorship thereof etc.)
Additional Event Links
Need to add IndieWebSummit 2017 to:
- W3C Other Events: https://www.w3.org/participate/otherevents/