- Session: 6pm, May 13th, 2020
- Held on Zoom
Notes archived on 2020-05-13 from Etherpad at https://etherpad.indieweb.org/2020-05-13-hwc-west-coast
- Chris Aldrich (host/facilitator)
- Boris Mann
- Sarah Hibner
- Kartik Prabhu
- Katherine Frazer
- David Shanske
- Angelo Gladding
- Kevin Faaborg
- Add yourself here… (see this for more details)
- Problem: How to best advertise the availability of functionality like fragmentions or highlights and annotations
- Example UI of Hypothes.is
- Exmample of badges for Microformats or Webmention that some sites use
- Add additional pop up UI in addition to the link icon already in use on Kartik's website
- Maybe add a question mark icon that links to a page describing functionality or also have a pop up in the corner/side describing functionality in detail until the idea is ubiquitous
- Demo of manual display of Webmention on TiddlyWiki
- Possibly first known displayed Webmention on Tiddlywiki at http://tw.boffosocko.com/#Bookmarklet%20for%20pasting%20content%20into%20TiddlyWiki
- Demo of backlinks or bi-directional links on TiddlyWiki using TiddlyBlink
- working on a template for IndieKit + Jekyll + Github https://github.com/bmann/so-simple-indieweb
- Problem: How to allow a limited community to share bookmarks in private or semi-private setting via a simple user interface like SMS or email
- Micropub as a potential solution using WordPress or WithKnown
- Quill does email / MMS https://quill.p3k.io/email
- Zapier SMS Integration -- https://zapier.com/apps/sms/integrations
- How to pronounce Zapier - https://twitter.com/zapier/status/674080383764455424
- Known at https://withknown.com/
- Link for Katherine for IFTTT/Zapier set up to post from a site to a community website.
- Use a particular bookmark site like Pinboard, set up a service to watch the community's accounts and then micropub to the community website (essentially PESOS to Community Garden)
- Yak shaving: https://talk.fission.codes/t/yak-shaving-programming-term/582 -->
- Example from Malcolm in the Middle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbSehcT19u0
- Tumblr as an answer to this problem
- Twilio as a potential solution using SMS
- Issue with SMS otherwise is cost/infrastructure in addition to the possible problems with limited bandwidth of 140 characters as a limit
- Perhaps look at MMS as a solution instead?
- Secondary problem: How can we make this an easy solution not only for the people who are using it, but an easy-to-maintain solution for the developer who is maintaining it for the group?
- IA writer https://ia.net/writer
- Here's the announcement https://ia.net/writer/blog/new-pdf-preview-better-web-publishing-improved-editing
Purple Numbers for UI for annotations/links, etc.
- BM: from the olden days --> https://www.bmannconsulting.com/archive/purple-everywhere/
SWAT0 Demo, 2015
- Website as a cross between https://hexo.io/ and ??
- IndieMark Score Calculator https://aaronjorbin.github.io/indiemark-score/
IndieWeb Summit 2020 Cancelled
- How can we best host it online instead?