A static site is a website that is served by a web server directly from the file system.
- SecuriTay @SwiftOnSecurity:
All I know about Paul Graham is he uses static HTML pages instead of Wordpress and that makes him smarter than most of us.
The services below can be used to send Webmentions for a static website.
Telegraph is an open source project and hosted service for sending Webmentions and pingbacks. You can use it to send mentions to all links on a page, or send a webmention with specific source and target.
stapibas is an application that sends linkbacks for all links in an atom feed, and receive incoming linkbacks.
lazymention is a server that, when pinged, will crawl an h-feed and send Webmentions for any new content it sees. There may be a hosted version eventually, but AJ Jordan has to work out some security things first.
github-to-webmention is a self-hostable server that can receives a GitHub webhook notifying it of changes to a static site. It then finds links in new posts and sends webmentions to those targets from the new page.
The services below can be used to receive webmentions for a static website.
Static sites that wish to support Micropub will need to run a Micropub endpoint somewhere that has access to the file storage used by the static site or static site generator.
- nanopub - for Hugo
- webpage-micropub-to-github - for Jekyll sites hosted on GitHub Pages
- Sitewriter - for anything that builds from a GitHub repository
- static site generator (includes a list of projects)
- Static domain hosting
- minimal python static site generator https://l4ur3n.github.io/blog/simple-blogging-engine.html
- Why / use-cases, see thread: https://twitter.com/drewm/status/983634762433810432
- "What do you think the best use cases are for a static site generator?" @drewm April 10, 2018
- https://qubyte.codes/blog/automatic-announcement-of-new-blog-entries POSSE to Twitter using Glitch
- Implementing the Indieweb on a static website
- How to POSSE from a static site: https://mxb.at/blog/syndicating-content-to-twitter-with-netlify-functions/