2018-01-01-commitments are implementation and launch commitments publicly made by the IndieWeb community to ship on their personal sites by 2018-01-01 00:00 local time.
For more commitments, see Other Commitments.
In order of public declaration:
- 2017-10-20 Write a ~60,000 word draft of a Gen2+ oriented (text)book tentatively entitled IndieWeb for Everyone.
Martijn van der Ven
- ❌ Basically copying last year’s failed commitment: all posting to licit.li will be done through Micropub starting in the new year.
- Progress 2017-12-27. Sink launched, a demo Micropub endpoint that allows anyone to post to it. This will be made into the licit.li blog, thus also enabling things like software posting from their own identities or even guest posts!
- Failed 2018-01-01T00:00:00.001+01:00. Where Sink is cutting corners on IndieAuth, I did not want to launch a possibly-not-completely-secure back-end to licit.li. Postponed. Let’s not make it 2019-01-01 though.
- 🗙 Together with the above, there will also be a token endpoint implementation for vanderven.se/martijn/ to enable Micropub.
- Cancelled 2017-12-27. I see no value in adding a token endpoint to vanderven.se. Tokens are important to Micropub servers to check access and give clients long-lasting access. A token endpoint will be rolled into licit.li for posting instead.
- ✅ Update everything to run on PHP 7.2.
- Done. Everything on vanderven.se, zegnat.net, and licit.li is running on PHP 7.2.
- ✅ Enhance XRay to extract information from YouTube.
Publish the first version of the blog software (and thus be able to publish some blog posts) that I'm writing on my website, https://markdain.net/(Done 2017-12-26)
- Create an initial WebMention endpoint (that logs/archives all received WebMentions for processing at a later date).
- 2017-11-26 2018-01-01 commitments
- Before 2018-01-01 - Finish a plumbing upgrade on his site to replace a slow Jekyll configuration reliant on heavy plugin logic with a Hugo configuration plus some micro-services that run asynchronously. The goal is to reduce posting friction by increasing speed, and to do more via micropub, work which others can potentially (re-)use.
- In 2018 - Plan and host the first IndieWebCamp Baltimore!
- Written on 2017-11-29. Link to commitment post: https://jonathanprozzi.net/reflection/2018-01-01-commitments/
- Before 2018-01-01: Mixture of technical and non-technical goals for his site. For example, want to change WordPress development environment to include Git. Has goal of writing 3 articles as well.
- 2017-12-20: https://gregorlove.com/2017/12/my-newwwyear-resolution/
- Before 2018-01-07: improved, wider layout for photo posts and photo gallery pages
- Completed! https://gregorlove.com/2018/01/i-completed-my-newwwyear-resolution/
- 2017-12-26 https://aaronparecki.com/2017/12/26/9/newwwyear
- Before 2018-01-01: make my Micropub endpoint POSSE my likes and reposts to Twitter when I like a tweet URL
- Complete! https://aaronparecki.com/2017/12/27/15/auto-posse-likes
- 2017-12-30 stretch goal
- 2017-12-28 https://eddiehinkle.com/2017/12/28/2/note/
- Before 2018-01-01: add the current weather based on my current location to all of my posts and to have better post context (likes, replies, bookmarks, etc) based on using my local copy of XRay to parse for information.
- Complete! https://eddiehinkle.com/2017/12/30/20/article/
- 2017-12-31 https://github.com/indieweb/wordpress-indieauth/pull/9 - Completely rewrote the WordPress IndieAuth plugin, which had only had maintenance changes since 2013, and added new functionality...allows setting any arbitrary IndieAuth server. Updates to compliant with current iteration of specification. Adds support for logging into a WordPress site using an IndieAuth authorization endpoint, but authenticating yourself to a WordPress site using an IndieAuth Bearer Token.
- 2017-12-31 https://github.com/snarfed/wordpress-micropub/commit/21170938a851df7cae69ed7a20b9b1f4742ba5d3 - Contributed enough PRs to Ryan Barrett that he accepted to get a new version of the WordPress Micropub plugin out the door before 2018.