2016-01-01-commitments are implementation and launch commitments publicly made by the IndieWeb community to ship on their personal sites by 2016-01-01 00:00 local time.
For more commitments, see Other Commitments.
In order of public declaration:
- 2015-12-26: completed expanded reply-context for new posts. Retroactively applied to an older post so I could screenshot it for reply-context-examples:
- Have not yet completed my other goals.
- 2015-12-07 done! E.g.
- 2015-12-?? subsequently stated wanting to get poster frame support working for video posts
- 2015-12-03 Aaron Parecki: https://aaronparecki.com/notes/2015/12/03/1/indieweb-hwc
- "My #indieweb 2016-01-01 commitment is to finally launch the new version of my website! #hwc"
- 2016-01-01 update: I need to "extend" my new year's deadline to give myself the weekend to finish. New deadline is 2016-01-03, launching before the first work week starts.
- 2016-01-30 better late than never, site is live! https://aaronparecki.com/2016/01/30/13/
2015-12-13 David Shanske https://david.shanske.com/2015/12/13/post-kinds-improvements/ - Goal of completing improvements to Post Kinds Plugins for WordPress. Includes addition of time field support, improvements to display, and help. Unsure if all will be fully complete by 2016, but intend to ship what is ready by that point, deploying to site and other individuals that use the plugin.
Deployed update 2015-12-30, some display improvements have been punted into 2016, as this is a continual process. Awaiting feedback from other users.
- 2015-12-29 - POSSE book reviews from my site to Goodreads.
2016-01-01 - Late to the game but I did get stuff completed from my list today:
- DONE - Get Swarm checkins to show up on my blog
- DONE - Get Untappd checkins to show up on my blog
- DONE - Get Foodspotting checkins to show up on my blog
- DONE - Contribute more to the Indieweb Wiki.
... add your commitment! ...
Additional 2016-01 launches
- 2015-12-13 Shane Becker http://indiewebcamp.com/irc/2016-01-15/line/1452887869395 - Goal was (secretly) to launch Dark Matter by 2016-01-01, but was without a laptop until after the New Year.
- Launched site powered by Dark Matter (0.1.0) on 2016-01-10 with full import of all content going back to 2004-10-17.
Q: Why specifically 2016-01-01?
A: Because we did 2015-01-01-commitments last year and got a lot done with them!
Q2: Why specifically 2015-01-01 previously then?
A2: Tantek Çelik I picked 2015-01-01 as a proposed ship commitment date since I shipped "notes" on my own site on 2010-01-01. 2015-01-01 was the first "ship commitment by the new year" that we did as a community.
Blog posts about the 2016-01-01 personal site ship commitments
- 2016-01-01 Tantek Çelik Great results @IndieWebCamp 2016-01-01 personal site ship commitments
- 2016-01-01 These are mainly all PESOS related. In fact I’ve already finished off most of these today. But I will be adding more here as the year goes on.